The workshop will provide a systematic approach to strategic asset management within a contemporary local government and will include practical examples and relevant discussion so that participants gain an introduction to:
- The need for Asset Management
- Key asset management definitions
- Asset Management Frameworks
- Asset Management Policy
- Asset Management Strategy
- Linkage with Integrated Planning and Reporting
- Asset Date Collection
- Asset Condition Assessment
- Asset Renewal Demand Modelling
- Levels of Service
- Asset Management Plans
- Linkage to Long Term Financial Planning and Annual Budget
- Asset Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Asset Management Improvement
Who should attend?
The workshop is designed to assist those that are new to local government and/or asset management. The workshop will be an ideal introduction or refresher, particularly for service managers and finance or technical services personnel. It is also suitable for CEOs, Senior Officers and Elected Members.
The workshop will be delivered by Bruce Lorimer, Managing Director and Mark Weller, Executive Asset Management Consultant, Core Business Australia.