It is a startling fact that each year 1 in 5 Australians will experience a mental illness. As mental illness becomes more prevalent in the workplace it is increasingly prudent that we are educated and build our knowledge around Mental Health awareness.
Workplace mental health awareness and training should be considered a necessity - we spend a huge amount of time at work and in many instances we will notice when something isn't right with a colleague. Mentally healthy workplaces are more positive, more productive and get the best out of their teams. Organisations that care about good mental health and wellbeing also attract and retain staff.
LG Professionals WA are proud to be partnering with Mental Strides to deliver our new one-day Mental Health Awareness Workshop for the local government sector. The workshop will provide basic mental health knowledge and skills, through practical and engaging exercises, which reinforce the importance of looking after our mental health.
Workshop participants will learn more about:
- Mental health
- Prevalence of mental ill health or illness
- Working with a mental illness
- Identifying and managing workplace stressors
- Supporting others - how to recognise when someone may need support and where to get help
- Supporting yourself - sleep, nutrition, exercise, self-care
- Planning for better mental health