This is a key position reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. As the Manager Governance and Compliance you will demonstrate experience responsible for Governance, Compliance, Fire and Emergency Services, Aerodrome Operations, Ranger Services, Lease Agreements, Contract Management, Strategic Planning, Integrated Planning Frame Work, Occupation Safety and Health plus providing detailed reporting to Council and the Executive Team.
The successful candidate will have qualifications and comprehensive experience in local government Governance and Compliance and held senior management position in local government of at least five years.' You must be highly motivated and team focused with a high level of written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in Human Resources Management, Conflict Resolution, Occupational Safety and Health and administrating the Local Government Act.
A total salary package with a performance based 3 year contract will be negotiated, dependent on qualifications, skills and experience. The salary package offered can include the following:
- Cash salary up to $120,000;
- Superannuation up to 14.5% including co-contributions as per Council Policy;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Public holidays plus 2 additional Ravensthorpe Family Days;
- Uniform allowance
- Executive Shire accommodation or allowance to reside within the Shire;
- Vehicle allowance; and
- Reasonable and relocation expenses
Applicants must have or be willing to successfully obtain:
- Pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol; and
- National Police clearance