Closed-circuit television continues to be a major part of Local Government infrastructure, providing benefits for workplace health and safety, security and surveillance of public areas, and acting as a deterrent to antisocial behaviour.
Through this workshop delegates will learn how to successfully identify and specify CCTV systems in accordance with the recommendations contained within the new CCTV standard AS/NZS 62676:2020 - Video Surveillance Systems for Security Applications. The new standards are truly a paradigm shift for Australia in the way CCTV infrastructure is specified and installed.
Delegates will also develop an understanding of numerous additional requirements contained in the new standards and recommendations to be considered for all new works and tenders. Additionally, participants will also learn the complex interrelationships between CCTV systems and other services such as lighting, networks and communications infrastructure ensuring local governments have fit-for-purpose CCTV systems that meet their requirements.
This course is delivered face-to-face by an industry specialist from Redfish Technologies, who will provide clear and concise instruction and who can answer local government specific queries regarding CCTV systems.
Attendees are provided with a comprehensive resource manual to take back to their local government. This provides additional knowledge and resources and clearly outlines how to achieve your required CCTV outcome.
This course provides the most up-to-date information encompassing the latest changes in the industry including an overview on Cyber Security in relation to locking down networks.
Course materials are streamlines and simplified catering for a wide array of local government professionals and now encompass the known outcomes of AS/NZS62676:2020 - Video Surveillance Systems for Use in Security Applications.
During this 2 day workshop you will learn:
- How to define CCTV image and security outcomes that meet requirements of the new Australian CCTV Standard for Video Security Systems - AS/NZS62676:2020
- What stops you from getting workable images from your CCTV system and how to avoid the problems.
- How to develop a holistic approach to your CCTV and security requirements while understanding the limitations of Australian Standards.
- Checklists for specifying CCTV system outcomes
- Checklists for Grant/Tender specifications
- Questioning techniques to assist in determining if consultants are suitably knowledgeable and qualified in this specialist area.
In addition to the topics covered in the workshop, participants will receive a comprehensive reference manual.
Plus, to compensate for the speed at which technology changes, Redfish Technologies will also provide free updates and technology alerts via email for a 12 month period following the course.